So everyone saw that little clip of Benedict Cumberbatch in the shower that was cut from STITD right?
I’m not the only one right?
So we all collectively need an inhaler right now? Probably…
Stephen fry. Stop it.
You are clearly being too smart. You are not of this Earth.
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
My Tumblr use is at an all time low. This is a problem I plan on trying to remedy. Classes are through, it’s summertime, I’m unemployed, and I live with my mother again, however temporary. I should be on Tumblr 24/7 really!
I’m contemplating starting a new and fresh Tumblr, having my followers transition over, if you’d be so kind. Hmmmm…
why ride a rollercoaster when you can ride me
Because rollercoasters can actually make me scream.
Can we talk about Darren the unironic child of San Fransisco in the 90s, who loved N*sync and Britney Spears and Hanson, and was happy to be called Daisy. Can we talk about this guy, because I’m so fucking enamored right now.
Darren Behind The Scenes — a slight elevator malfunction.